[Battlemesh] Leaking remembered WiFi networks

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:42:15 CEST 2013

When you activate a WIFI scanner, you might see some Smartphones
sending proactive probe-requests for ALL networks they have ever seen
out from time to time.

Quite a bit of "privacy break". ^^

Henning

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM, Mitar <mitar at tnode.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I remember that WiFi clients broadcast known/remembered WiFi networks?
> But I cannot find any more information about this "feature". Does
> anybody know about this?
>
> Because I was at one conference now and it was happening that when I
> scanned around, I got in the list of known networks many my past known
> networks, despite being in completely other part of the world. And this
> was happening to other people. So it looks quite suspicious.
>

> Mitar
>
> --
> http://mitar.tnode.com/
> https://twitter.com/mitar_m

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan