[Battlemesh] Custom Dual AP antenna setup for one router antenna plug

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 20 14:46:52 CEST 2013

Op 9/19/13 11:30 PM, cmsv schreef:
> I have searched about this kind of idea before but did not find any
> relevant information so i though, maybe someone here tried it.

We have some antenna-splitters in operation, but you loose quite some
signal.
Here is a picture of such a splitter in a church tower:
http://www.wirelessleiden.nl/album/index.php/CNodeCeTIM/Renovatie_mei_2010/img_1363
Sometimes an omni antenna cannot be used, but in general we strongly
prefer to use individual accesspoints / antennas.

One of our volunteers tried this setup:
http://www.wirelessleiden.nl/album/index.php/hardware/antennes/greyhoundantennas/GREYH46
some years ago, I have no idea of the performance.

Huub