[Battlemesh] Open tasks for battlemesh v7 in Leipzig

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Sep 29 22:31:40 CEST 2013

Hello Battlemeshers,

as JoW has already reported, we have found a enthusiastic local organization
committee for the battlemesh next year! Last Thursday I had the pleasure to
meet Kloschi in Sublab/Leipzig who agreed to join helping the local
organization as well. :)

Of course, the battlemesh is a community weekend and we want and need help
from the community as well! There are quite a few tasks which non-locals can
help with. Martin already started working on the logo, Federico started
the endorsements and Franz offered himself for working on the webpage,
but there is more:

 * Agenda/Schedule preparation - send out call for talks, collect proposals
   and put them into a schedule
 * Test management - Think of meaningful test scenarios and prepare/discuss
   them with the teams. Also think about how to evaluate the data collected
 * Firmware preparation - We can probably use the WBMv6 firmware, but this
   would need to be checked and prepared as well - are all the nice new
   features of all the protocols in? Any bugs squashed?
 * T-Shirts - we did not have any last year (well, one?!), you want some for
   Leipzig?
 * Streaming - Do we want to live-stream our talks to the Internet?
 * Press Communication - Shall we inform media/blogs/etc about the WBM?
 * WarmUp - This is still completely open. Anyone who would like to organize?
 * Testing hardware - Last year we had Bastian lend us some routers (thanks
   again for this!). Where can we get testing hardware for next year?

If you feel inspired by any of these tasks, please tell us your ideas and/or
volunteer to work on these tasks! This event is made by the community, and that
is YOU. :)

Thanks a lot,
	Simon