[Battlemesh] Tests

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:18:36 CEST 2014

In terms of tests,

1) last time I was there we used the "netperf-wrapper" tests a lot.
Since last year,
toke's test suite has gained a gui and batching facilities, more tests
and more plots,
and the ability to easily compare multiple test runs in the same graph series.

https://github.com/tohojo/netperf-wrapper

(prereqs are a netperf 2.6 compiled with enable-demo on the
clients/servers, and and python-matplotlib, and py-qt4
 on the boxes doing the test generation, graphing and analysis)

There are several tests that are of interest on wifi behavior, notably
the "rrul" test tries to exercise 802.11e queues,
the rrul_be test that exercises just the be queues, and the various
"rtt_fair" tests try to examine bandwidth
and and latency to up to 4 separate targets.

2) examining bursty behavior

There are several tools in development in my

https://github.com/dtaht/isochronous

project for generating and looking at bursty data more closely. (Been
trying to get a grip on aggregation
behavior in particular)

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Eloi Carbó Solé <eloicaso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am doing my final degree thesis wibed[0] that will be presented by Pau[1]
> and I am adopting the WBMv6 tests in order to check the mesh network
> behaviour. One of the main points of this thesis will be to validate the
> network, testing and monitoring its behaviour applying these tests. My idea
> is also to adopt and use WBMv7 tests too, so I am really interested in being
> in touch with those persons who will discuss and perform the experiments and
> tests.
>
> Best regards,
>

> [0] https://wiki.confine-project.eu/wibed:start
> [1] http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV7/Agenda
>

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Amadeus Alfa
> <amadeus at chemnitz.freifunk.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Colleen,
>>
>> thank you for taking care of testing ;-) The test scenarios and planning
>> will be available for review by the end of this week (will send PDF files to
>> the list). I would love to see your idea of tapping 802.11s in one of the
>> tests - could you please provide some more information so that I can create
>> a short description out of it?
>>
>> Also, we are still looking for testing supporters since there is only one
>> person right now trying to coordinate tasks.
>>
>> Best wishes, Amadeus

Dave Täht

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article