[Battlemesh] Twitter buzz

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Mon Feb 10 16:05:05 CET 2014

On 02/10/2014 03:08 PM, fboehm wrote:

> You are right Bastian, let's use #battlemesh.
>
> By the way, I never understood what hashtags have to do with searching
> on Twitter. My humble opinion was they have to be just short and
> unique :-)

They are most useful when you want to get real time updates for a
specific event.

Let's say you are interested in a specifc event, you put your app or
browser on the hashtag and you read a realtime stream of news, rumours,
jokes and stuff.
Check out the current bosnian protests for example:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BosnianSpring

Sometimes hashtags can be long but long is not good. #battlemesh seems
reasonableand probably more appropiate for this event.

We should use it when we get there, post any picture, video, document,
link or message with the hashtagand everybody interested will read it.
It's a realtime short newsstream but actually not many people are aware
of this awsome feature.

Federico