[Battlemesh] Talk about DFS in 5 GHz mesh networks

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Mon Feb 24 14:55:15 CET 2014

Hey,

I'd like to submit another talk proposal:

Title: DFS in 5 GHz mesh networks

Abstract: The 5 GHz band is an interesting alternative to the crowded 2.4 GHz
ISM band to set up mesh networks. However, DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection)
support is required in many countries to avoid disturbing primary users (e.g.
military or weather radar systems), and DFS support was not available in open
source drivers until last year.
In this talk I'll present what DFS is and how it can be handled, summarise the
current status in open source drivers and userspace tools, and discuss
limitations and requirements to get it running in mesh networks.

Time slot would 60 minutes for 30-40 minutes talk time and 10-15 minutes for
questions. I'd also like to use a projector.

Thanks,
    Simon