[Battlemesh] Talk about the hunting a digital fox at 5GHz - finding evil Wi-Fi transmitters, workshop on 1Gbps wireless optical links with KORUZA

Musti musti at wlan-si.net
Tue Feb 25 13:25:14 CET 2014

Hi,

I would like to submit a talk proposal and a workshop proposal.

Talk title: Hunting a digital fox at 5GHz

Abstract: 5GHz networks are generally deployed to cover larger distances and thus cover a wide area. Even a single or a few “evil” Wi-Fi transmitters may significantly degrade the performance of other devices and hinder a portion of the free spectrum useless. The talk  is based on real events and will teach you the basic approach to analysing the spectrum at a given location and choosing a frequency, pinpointing the source of a wireless node performing a De-Auth attach on your node or generally spamming the spectrum, likely as a result of an infection with malicious code.

Time slot: 45min with 30min for the talk and 15min for discussion/demonstration.

Workshop title: Wireless optical networking with KORUZA

Abstract: After a brief introduction to wireless optical / free-space optical networking history and an overview of the technology you will be prompted to discuss ideas and play around with a low-cost 3D printable wireless optical system KORUZA (www.koruza.net) and get tutored into establishing 100m long 1Gbps links, so one the design files are released open-source and parts/units made available, you will be able to start deploying such links as well.

Time slot: 60min

Kind regards,
Musti