[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v7 Call for talks and workshops

ameba23 ameba23 at riseup.net
Wed Jan 22 22:25:32 CET 2014

> I'm not sure if I get your point correctly, but wouldn't it be better to
> invite the locals with this kind of presentation a few weeks before so they
> can join the real battlemesh?
>
> The majority of the battlemesh participants doesn't speak german, but they on
> the other hand might very much interested in what's going on in Freifunk
> (Leipzig/Halle/Weimar/...) - so the locals could explain what they are doing.
> In english would be good. :)
Yes, good point.  I wasn't thinking so much of the local freifunk groups who i imagine will be well represented , but less technically minded people who live in the area and are interested, or perhaps other users of the sublab.  But probably the introductory talks at the begining of the week will work well for these people.  I think it wouldn't be a problem to organise translation for one of these talks if somebody needs it.

> Maybe I don't get your intention correctly yet, but if we want to connect
> locals with the international battlemesh crowd we should think of some kind of
> event to do that - maybe a game (capture the router?), social event, etc? :)
The intention was just to have a clear and accessible explanation of what is happenening at battlemesh and about the groups and projects involved.  Mesh networking is an increasingly popular topic, I think it is likely many people will want to come and see what its about.  It would be great also to have some social events.
-peg