[Battlemesh] recommendations for 40Km Link

Nicolás Echániz nicoechaniz at altermundi.net
Tue Mar 25 08:23:24 CET 2014

El 24/03/14 22:05, Dave Taht escribió:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Nicolás Echániz
> <nicoechaniz at altermundi.net> wrote:
>> El 24/03/14 00:12, Dave Taht escribió:

>>> Got Bufferbloat? What does a rrul test look like? (See netperf-wrappers)
>>
>> We'll have to wait till we can upgrade to OpenWrt
>
> No, the behavior of airos is interesting in itself. I haven't tested
> it in years and certainly not at this range.
>
> The rrul test runs on any linux or macosx box. It requires netperf 2.6
> compiled with --enable-demo,
> fping, and python-matplotlib for plots. Topology:
>
> laptop (via ethernet preferably) -> wireless router -> wireless router
> -> server somewhere.
>
> you run netperf's "netserver" on the server (no other tools required),
> and something like this on the laptop:
>
> netperf-wrapper -l 60 --disable-log -p all_scaled -o mytest.svg -H
> server -t 'test title' rrul_be # or rrul

We have a server inside the University datacenter and I've installed the
netperf-wrapper stuff on my notebook but I'm affraid testing from where
I am won't be of much use. The network is weak at my end. Some other
link along the path will saturate before the one we want to test.

I'll add this to my ToDo-list for my next visit to the mountain.