[Battlemesh] battlemesh v6 test data postprocessing

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:54:49 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> "Operation not permitted" is what you get if you trigger a REJECT rule
>> in the local firewall.
>
> Just to clarify -- this is probably an honest mistake.  If Babel
> failed to install a host route, the kernel could have attempted to
> follow a default route installed by some other protocol, which would
> have been shot down by the firewall.
>
> Unfortunately, if the first SYN triggers a REJECT, then connect will
> give up immediately -- so we never get a second chance to connect.
>
> I'd really need to see the firewall setup to be sure.

I don't think we had any firewall... but there was a VLAN for each of
the protocols with its own ULA prefix. I am sure the ping for babel
was unable to follow any routes of the other protocols.

Also, we had no default routes because no protocol announced one.

I think this was the script used for testing:
https://github.com/battlemesh/wibed-battlemesh-experiment/blob/master/packages/wibed-battlemesh-experiment/files/usr/bin/wbm-test

Henning