[Battlemesh] The router of choice (advice & recommendation)

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Wed Sep 10 18:47:09 CEST 2014

On 10/09/14 09:21, cmsv wrote:
> Hello fellow nodes :)
>

> So far i am inclined to get TP-Link TL-WDR3600 but also would like
> to know of any known issues with it.

no issues that i know that are not openwrt-specific.

we've collectively bought about a hundred of TL-WDR3500 (similar,
cheaper than WDR3600 in argentina, with 100mbps ethernet instead of
gigabit) with great results.
Al, in barcelona, has found them for less that 40EUR
in some places (like brasil) they are not easy to find, and wdr3600 is
more common / ends up being ironically cheaper. So YMMV :)

another more or less relevant difference, depending on your needs:
although not documented officialy, TL-WDR3500 accepts an input voltage
up to 24v (we have maybe 20 nodes or so with 24v x 0.5a psu), yet the
first wdr3600 that we tried blew away with 24v. We didn't try further,
and sticked to wdr3500 :)

cheers!

gui