[Battlemesh] Example how to setup a static route in /etc/config/network

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:07:32 CEST 2015

Somewhat related is how to cut routing traffic down by only exporting
a covering route. In one setup we had four /24 interfaces, and
allocated 4 more per router "just in case".

# you can put this in /etc/config/network then tell your routing daemon to
# only export a /21 here, not the /24s

config 'route' 'myroutes'
        option 'interface' 'lan' # actually ends up as lo I think
        option 'target' '172.17.8.0' # 8-15 are thus covered. .16, .24, .32 etc
        option 'netmask' '255.255.240.0' # actually I am not sure of
the math today
        option 'type' 'unreachable'