[Battlemesh] WBMv8 -- a personal perspective

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon Aug 10 21:48:04 CEST 2015

>> as marketing talks.  For example, one talk was described as "Talk about
>> products from $COMPANY", where it should have said "This is a talk given
>> by the marketing people from $COMPANY.  Full disclosure: $COMPANY has
>> donated $NUMBER antennas and a small goat to WLAN-SI."

> We have their logo on the mainpage mentioned as sponsor for
> hardware and money (including a list of which hardware), we mentioned the
> sponsorship at the opening event

None of this was mentioned in the agenda entry itself, which I think is
a regrettable oversight.

> Do you feel that was not clear enough,

Yes, I feel that the agenda entry was not explicit enough.  I'm sure this
is a mere oversight, not malice, since Wlan-SI people are usually very
serious about openness.  I'd just like to encourage everyone to be more
careful about this kind of things in the future.

-- Juliusz