[Battlemesh] Date for Battlemesh v9 in Porto

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Thu Dec 3 15:08:58 CET 2015

On Thursday 03 December 2015 14:55:16 Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Andreas Bräu <ab at andi95.de> wrote:
> >> Taking into consideration that the Wireless Community Weekend is from
> >> May 6th to 8th, and trying to avoid overlapping the two events and allow
> >> more people to attend, the local team suggests that the next WBM would
> >> be held from the 1st of May (Sunday) to the 7th of May (Saturday).
> >
> > did you also compare no and maybe answers? I'm not sure it makes sense
> > to shift WBM by one day,

We did compare yes and maybe answers, and the second week was slightly higher
for those two combined.

However, there are local organization reasons (better room, better logistics,
more central) which are strong arguments for first week. Therefore this
decision was made. Eventually, the local organizers can and should decide on
this, and they did.

> > As Paige already mentioned in comments there's also re:publica from 2nd
> > to 4th and OpenTechSummit on 5th. of May taking place in Berlin.
>
> Well, until the Saturday is also absurd, it should be until late on Sunday.

At least the last years, nothing happened on Sunday at all - some people came
to pick up their stuff, but that's about it.

Moving from Sunday to Saturday means that Saturday people can pick up their
stuff and still catch a plane for Berlin/WCW, if they want.

Of course, this is all not perfect, but everyone can decide on their own which
event to attend - and nobody is forced to attend battlemesh for the whole
week, right? :)

I think moving is a good compromise ...

Cheers,
    Simon