[Battlemesh] Open Tasks

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Fri Feb 20 15:40:28 CET 2015

Hey battlemeshers,

we had quite a few sign ups for open tasks since last time:

 * Federico takes care of Endorsements, as you have already seen on the ml
 * Musti + local team will prepare the Logo
 * Monic + Freifunkas will design the poster once the Logo is done
 * txt.file will handle the Agenda

Thanks a lot for volunteering! We've noted down the current volunteers in the
tasklist on the Wiki: http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV8#Task_List

For all the others, don't worry, we still have a lot of tasks left over which
you can pick. ;)

Here is the current list of open tasks:

 * Test preparation/management - create test scenarios or adopt from last
year, prepare and discuss them with teams, organize evaluation. As you may
know, this is a challenging, but very interesting task :)
 * Firmware preparation - We can probably use the WBMv7 firmware, but this
would need to be checked and prepared as well - are all the nice new features
of all the protocols in? Any bugs squashed? Should it be tested BEFORE the
event?
 * T-Shirts - the first batch of the T-Shirts was printed in Slovenia last
year, maybe we can use that again? Any other idea? I probably have a list of
how many shirts of which size we had last year ...
 * Press Communication - Anyone? (I heard rumors about a PR guy in Slovenia) -
this could also be divided in local press communication (news papers, radios,
etc) and global PR (blogs, news websites, ...)
 * Recording and Streaming - we will probably have equipment at the venue, but
we will need people involved to stream (if that is wanted), post-process, etc
 * (add your own ideas here)

Please let us know if you want to take over any of these jobs. Don't wait too
long, volunteer now!! :)

Thank you,
    Simon