[Battlemesh] iperf3 and WBM results

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:02:46 CET 2015

Hi,

As you may know, iperf has been rewritten from scratch with iperf3.

I don't know how the WBM results are gathered, but I used CSV outputs
of iperf2 in the past, and this option disappeared in the past in
favour of a JSON format.

I am currently hunting for a simple CLI tool to convert this output to
CSV, I have only succeeded via a web interface here:

http://konklone.io/json/

Now if you have a good recommendationfor something that works out of
the box for iperf3 json output.

On that topic, in the past we were running iperf daemons on the
routers themselves, and that was too CPU intensive.

I have seen some research by an Italian professor to speedup
considerably packet generation, but I cannot find the reference
anymore. Saverio?

Otherwise, I am planning to come in June with my Downhill bike, as
there is a bike park in Maribor, been there in 2008 to attend the DH
world championships in Pohoje mountain.

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403