[Battlemesh] iperf3 and WBM results

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:48:53 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Markus Pargmann <mpa at pengutronix.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 04:02:46PM +0100, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As you may know, iperf has been rewritten from scratch with iperf3.
>>>
>>> I don't know how the WBM results are gathered, but I used CSV outputs
>>> of iperf2 in the past, and this option disappeared in the past in
>>> favour of a JSON format.
>>>
>>> I am currently hunting for a simple CLI tool to convert this output to
>>> CSV, I have only succeeded via a web interface here:
>>>
>>> http://konklone.io/json/
>>>
>>> Now if you have a good recommendationfor something that works out of
>>> the box for iperf3 json output.
>>
>> python has builtin json and csv support:
>> https://docs.python.org/3/library/json.html
>> https://docs.python.org/3/library/csv.html
>
> Some sample output here:
>
> http://www.zoobab.com/iperf3-json-output-csv
>
> I have tried many json2csv cli converters, they all require as
> argument to specify some keys or nested values.
>
> --
> Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403
> "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
> patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
> Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
> software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
> court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
> favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
> democratically elected legislators."

I try to encourage people to try the tests in toke's netperf-wrapper
test suite - test results in json format, output convertable to any
format (so the json-csv converter just works), 50+ tests,
the ability to compare huge data sets, tons of captured metadata,
a zillion plot types, and a pretty nice gui.

https://github.com/tohojo/netperf-wrapper

A talk about it here:

http://netseminar.stanford.edu/

--