[Battlemesh] WiBed - Where to start?

Manos edimoger at ac.upc.edu
Mon Jul 27 17:33:48 CEST 2015

Inline
On 07/27/2015 01:01 PM, Bernd Naumann wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have look through the WiBed-Wiki [0] and have a few questions.
>
> 1) Firmware:
> The github-repository is quiet outdated, and I was not able to do a
> clean merge with opewnwrt-upstream. So I applied config and feed files
> to a uptodate fresh openwrt-trunk and it builds fine.
> Do wibed-devs see any problems with that? Or are there uptodate repos
> out there?
The fact that WiBed is currently not synchronized with the openwrt-trunk
is correct. Recently we were testing wibed dependencies with the last
trunk to see how it works out and test the stability. I hope we manage
this week to update somehow the repository. If you have any more
specific results or suggestions about the merge you are more than
welcome to share them here:
wibed at lists.community-lab.net

> 2) WiBed-Node-Management
> If I'm not misstaken I need a controlling software [1] to access all
> nodes in a wibed-testbed, but where do I find the controller software?
> Is there any documentation about that?
You are talking about the WiBed controller. You can find the source code
here [2]. Also you can find a running instance of the controller here
[3] where many nodes are missing currently for an experiment we perform.
This is the controller that we used last year for the measurements. This
year we can follow the same approach or deploy a local controller.

> We will arrive at the later noon on monday, so I am not able to
> participate on the wibed talk :/ But maybe someone can give me a
> summery on monday night or on thuesday. That would be really cool. In
> the meantime I would be happy about some documentation I have missed.
I am sure we will be able to answer your questions Monday night or
Tuesday. There is no problem you are going to miss the presentation, in
person it is easier to explain.

> Greetings,
> Bernd

Cheers, Manos