[Battlemesh] Code of conduct

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 18:00:48 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Antonio Quartulli
<antonio at meshcoding.com> wrote:
> Hi²!
>
> On 29/07/15 17:34, Dave Taht wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Mitar <mitar at tnode.com> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I noticed that the Battlemesh event does not have code of conduct?
>>>
>>> I think we should have one. I have seen that people are recommending
>>> Django's code of conduct. Maybe we could base it of of it?
>>>
>>> https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/
>>>
>>> Comments? Objections? Can I put it on the wiki and link it from the
>>> event page?
>>
>> I always liked the old SCO's (pre legal nightmare) dress code.
>>
>> "Clothes should be worn between the hours of 9 and 5."
>
> So no midday bath in a lake nearby? :-P

I sure hope that is allowed. I hereby propose a tutorial session
conducted in the water. If the waves are slight, we can bring a white
board!

For the record, I am not making the SCO story up.

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=1911&mn=83952&pt=msg&mid=7029041

When I was there, the record was 22 engineers in that hottub - and the
true story is much funnier than as above told but I dare not write it
down.

To me the funniest part about all this was that SCO was the first
"big" california company I ever worked for, and within hours of that
first day at work, I was in that hottub with a multitude of other
co-workers.

For years, I naively thought that was "just how californians worked,
normally..."

I was (and am) quite sad, that that is not the case anywhere else I
have ever worked (except at my own company!)

Ahh... the good old days...