[Battlemesh] Code of conduct

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Jul 31 14:24:39 CEST 2015

>>> I think, in general, creating restrictions or regulations before any
>>> problem is reported is not a good policy.

> That's close to saying building a fire escape before a fire is reported
> in the building is not a good policy.

No, it isn't, Barbara.  It's more like saying that in a small house where
everyone knows the layout, having a dedicated fire exit is not necessary,
the normal exists should be good enough.

Analoguously, we expect that the usual social mechanisms work fine at
Battlemesh.  This includes telling people to calm down when they become
aggressive, saying "that joke is in bad taste, let's change the subject",
walking out or even interrupting a talk that more than one person finds
offensive.

We hope that there's no need to legislate that.

-- Juliusz