[Battlemesh] ns-3 - Network Simulator

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Tue Nov 17 20:12:51 CET 2015

Am 16.11.15 um 23:55 schrieb Paul Fuxjaeger:
> On 16.11.15 17:01, fboehm wrote:
>> What about interference simulations? Any other useful approaches next to
>> event-driven simulation where you can use channel models?
>
> What kind of effects do you want to model in more detail?
>
> In case you're interested in *interference modeling*: I presented a
> paper at WMNC a few weeks ago titled: "Validation of the NS-3
> Interference Model for IEEE802.11 Networks". It's not comprehensive, as
> only a controlled AWGN SISO channel was available to me at that time.
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7786995/validation2014.pdf
>
> -paul

I would like to simulate the effects of mutual interference of wireless
nodes that belong to the same mesh network. Basically mutual interference.

The simulation would also need to include different antenna types that
are used at each node (omni, sector, directional). Without having ever
simulated a wireless network it sounds like a complex setup to me. The
results could be simply bogus because the simulation model isn't
comprehensive.

Maybe an acceptable alternative approach is to statically calculate a
table that stores the level and variance of interference each node
generates to every other node. The data in this table would be the input
to a network emulator that emulates throughput, latency, jitter, loss.

Franz