[Battlemesh] battlemesh v9 logo suggestion:

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Mon Nov 30 13:33:07 CET 2015

Hey Manoj,

On Monday 30 November 2015 08:37:41 manoj kumar wrote:
> hi commons,
> i am manojkumar(manoj penworks) from india. i came to hear about the
> opentasks for battlemesh event from free software community ,free software
> foundation tamilnadu (fsftn.org).
> i wish to contribute for opentasks in making logo,posters etc.
> i designed a logo and attached it with this mail for suggestion.
> will be waiting for feedback.
> thanks,
> with regards,
> manoj.
>
> logo design:
>  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kyglic0zsig27x4/AADDfTinzWlNDnpHWQJKmTaTa?dl=0
>
> my portfolio : https://www.behance.net/manojpenworks
> my flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128254835@N03/

Thank you very much for your contribution and  stepping forward with logo
suggestions!

Personally I like the style (simple and clean), but I don't think we should
take the "battle" too literally - actually there are quite a few people who
are strictly opposing military and war. Therefore, I'd not use the war chopper
on the first logo suggestion (its a cool idea though). We had boxers last
year, but that was more sporty/funny (at least from perspective.

The second point, although optional, would be to bring the location into the
Logo. For example we had a viking for the danish WBM, the greek style pillars
in the athens battlemesh logo, etc. We don't have it always, but sometimes it
adds cool connection to the place. :)

Just my two cents, maybe others have other opinions!

Thanks again!
     Simon