[Battlemesh] please sign up for new fcc list, discontinue using the signers list

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 19:57:58 CEST 2015

If you wish to participate in follow on actions and discussion about
the fcc vs wifi lockdown and related issues, this - now publicly
archived - list now exists...

bufferbloat-fcc-discuss at lists.redbarn.org

Please sign up via:

The private bufferbloat-fcc-signers list was an expedient list created
- without the prior consent of many - of everyone that signed the
bufferbloat.net letter to the fcc on the wifi lockdown. The final
stages of finalizing that letter would have been impossible to conduct
without it, but now that things have calmed down...

I am a huge believer in opt-in rather than opt-out, and ALSO in public
discussion, of issues like these.

I know the signers list has had a lot of GREAT discussion and details
and facts come out so far, but it is not right to continue to so flood
peoples mailboxes, and by asking we shift voluntarily to a public
list, continue in the great tradition and examples set by the original
lists our campaigns were co-ordinated by.

I do not plan to make the signers email archive public and I would
like any future discussion on the bufferbloat-fcc-signers list to be
limited to just stuff that concerns those that signed that letter.

We had a huge number of people that were too late to make the original
signers list in the signers database, I will be emailing them
privately to see if they will join this list instead.

Thx for listening.

--
Dave Täht
Do you want faster, better, wifi? https://www.patreon.com/dtaht