[Battlemesh] free hardware (Soekris4521)

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 1 18:34:04 CEST 2016

Op 3/31/16 om 11:34 PM schreef Davide Rossin:
> I'm in the north of italy and i'd like to start some mesh experimental
> networks! If it's possible to get some of them i'll cover shipping costs

Just let me know (off line) a specification of the requested hardware
and the shipping address.

The net4521 has been used in routing experiments bij several universities:
http://www.cnri.dit.ie/research.mesh.multichannel.html
https://hal.inria.fr/inria-00625645/document
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.154.2104&rep=rep1&type=pdf

We at Wireless Leiden prefer the use of compactflash-cards rather than
on-board memory. Even the smallest CF-card is nowadays several GB and
can contain for instance two full FreeBSD-configurations (we use
nanoBSD), including all documentation. It is also much more flexible. I
never understood why Battlemesh people seem to prefer routers with
onboard memory.

Huub