[Battlemesh] fixing latency under load in wifi

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:20:15 CEST 2016

A modest breakthrough was achieved on fixing wifi's latency under load
on the ath10k a few weeks back with the first ever proof of concept
implementation of fq_codel.

http://blog.cerowrt.org/post/fq_codel_on_ath10k/

The proof of concept has more than a few flaws, notably it did not
achieve air-time fairness. The followon dql work didn't do that
either. There has been much discussion since on the linux-wireless
mailing list....

I totally DO NOT recommend anyone try this code in the firmware for
battlemesh, which I hope is well along, or even frozen. (?)

But if anyone wants to pitch in, I put a link to that version of the
patchset in the blog above, and multiple newer variants have gone by
on linux-wireless, if you google for "mac80211: implement fair queuing
per txq" you will find most of the discussion and patches ongoing.

--
Dave Täht