[Battlemesh] Joint Statement against Radio Lockdown

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Sun Apr 10 22:28:08 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for your attention, the call for action, and of course the
signatures!

# Benjamin Henrion [10.04.2016 @ 18:12]:
> I would have prefered a copy/pastable amendment that Member States can
> patch their national implementations.
>
> And there is no list of countries where it is too late.

Well, this isn't as easy as it seems. A directive has to be individually
implemented and interpreted in national law (deadline: mid June 2016) –
we cannot afford creating 28 different solutions with our limited resources.

Creating a too-late-list is also not very wise. There are still channels
to influence the European Commission even if national laws are already
passed. And still, laws can be changed which all of us know for sure ;)

I hope this helps, and thanks for your input.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl – FSFE Germany Coordinator – https://fsfe.org