[Battlemesh] Session about multi-homed IPv6 mesh networks and auto-configuration

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Apr 19 18:50:54 CEST 2016

>> Homenet uses Babel for announcing reachability, which has metrics.

> Yes, but AFAIK there are no provisions for announcing exit link bandwidth.

Right.

You could either put the information in an optional Babel sub-TLV, or in
an optional HNCP TLV.  The allocation rules are similar for both
protocols: either use an experimental TLV number, or document the
extension and get yourself an official TLV number.  (HNCP requires
a proper RFC, while Babel only requires a published specification to be
reviewed by an expert chosen by the IETF, which is much easier.)

I suggest having an implementation first, though.  I'll be happy to help.

-- Juliusz