[Battlemesh] Please use babeld 1.7.1

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:43:29 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Gui Iribarren <gui at altermundi.net> wrote:
> On 19/04/16 22:18, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> AFAIU, last year a decision was made to *not use trunk* this year, and
>>> every other protocol developer (except, so far, babeld it seems) took
>>> the time to backport their version of interest to 15.05.1, so i'm sure
>>> it won't take you long to prepare a a pull request against
>>> openwrt-routing/packages that can be merged on a special branch (wbmv9)
>>> or something, backporting 1.7.1 on top of 15.05.1 :)
>>
>> I think it's ok, babeld 1.7.1 is already present in for-15.05:
>>
>>   https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/for-15.05/babeld
>>
>> Unless packages for the battlemesh are taken from somewhere else?
>
> hehe, thanks baptiste! you're right, i just checked and my buildroot
> for-15.05 already compiled babeld_1.7.1-1_ar71xx.ipk
>
> juliusz, i imagine that the "OpenWrt stable" you checked was actually
> the first release 15.05, published in downloads.openwrt.org, before
> babeld 1.7.1 was merged,
> in any case, problem solved, i can confirm we'll test babeld 1.7.1 at
> the WBMv9

With with babel.conf?

If you use multiple channels (still don't know the RF configs that
will be used), don't forget the -z option, I have some simple tests in
the pipe for a multiple channels setup.

In the docker/vagrant era, it would be nice to have some VM images
with all the configs and binaries used during WBMv9.

Don't forget static routing tests, in my experience with dual radios,
they sometimes give way better throughput because most routing
protocols still do not take into account RF parameters (such as you
put in competition 2 paths that have the same cost, but are forced on
a certain radio bitrate, one high bitrate the other one low).

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762