[Battlemesh] Call for Refugee Camps

Uros Platise uros at isotel.org
Mon Apr 25 11:55:50 CEST 2016

You are helping this guy, those who aren't equipped with iphone6 and
sponsored SIM card to be able to receive/send commands:

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/revealed-george-soros-admits-hes-behind-muslim-migrant-invasion-of-europe/

and there are minor side effects, ... already if you look at the
statistics at 2013 (!), the 2015 will be supersonic, the 2016 probably
for the guinness world records:

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2013/10/13/muslims-raped-over-300-swedish-children-and-700-women-in-seven-months-of-2013/

I am not sure if destruction of EU is really such a fun and encouraging,
but do support it and remember your voice also after 5-10 years and take
the responsibility for all the consequences at that times as well.

Maybe ask your neighbor if he needs some help, first.

PS: Last time we said politics stuff should stay away from the list,
which also includes politics based immigrants camps.

On 25/04/16 11:38, berat at autistici.org wrote:
> [...]
>> (on the
>>   roof), do we see the camp
>> * document everything with photos and take good notes, e.g. address,
>> contacts,
>>   how much wire need, etc.
>> * make sure you have enough resources
>> * just do it
>>
>> I can try to answer more specific questions. Please just ask! I'm
>> open to voice
>> chat too.
>

> Thanks a lot really, every word is precious! I will contact you if we
> need some more answers.
>

> Have a nice day!
>
> Berat
>

>> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 02:13:23PM +0000, berat at autistici.org wrote:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I want to make a call for the extraordinary situation of refugees
>>> who are
>>> waiting on the borders of Europe. As you know, thousands and
>>> thousands of
>>> people ran away from a war, they have lost their homes, their families,
>>> loved ones, they have lost their past and the only thing remains is
>>> the hope
>>> for having a future. Finding a safe place to raise their children
>>> and live a
>>> dignified life.
>>>
>>> But unfortunately the borders of Europe are closed and hundreds of
>>> thousands
>>> of refugees are blocked in makeshift refugee camps in Greece and
>>> Turkey for
>>> months(if not for more than one year) without knowing what will happen.
>>> Conditions in refugee camps are worst in every aspect; social, health,
>>> hygiene, food, and minimum living conditions that would be
>>> guaranteed by the
>>> basic human rights.
>>>
>>> Especially now in Idomeni(which is a small village on the border of
>>> Macedonia) there is a huge refugee camp with more than 10 thousand
>>> inhabitants who are seeking for an opportunity to reach other European
>>> countries. There are different humanitarian groups(also associations
>>> like
>>> Doctors Without Borders, UNCHR) from all over the Europe who brings
>>> materials/goods, help and solidarity.
>>>
>>> An Italian group called "Over The Fortress"[0][1] also organizes
>>> continuous
>>> voluntary groups for Idomeni. They basically monitor, do reports and
>>> support
>>> information/basic necessities to the camp. They ultimately reported
>>> the high
>>> necessity of Internet connection and electricity in the camp. One of
>>> the
>>> main reasons, the only way to do an asylum application is a Skype
>>> call with
>>> Athens, which is difficult in a place with very limited resources. Even
>>> though it is considered as a "cruel and senseless procedure."[2] by the
>>> activists (and ofcourse they're right) and it should be changed as
>>> petition
>>> demands[2], at the moment this is the only way to stay in Greece.
>>> Because
>>> the agreement between Turkey and UE aims to return them back to Turkey,
>>> which is definitely not the desire of refugees. On the other hand,
>>> ofcourse
>>> these people need to comunicate with the world outside the camp
>>> because many
>>> of them have parents/familiers in some other parts of the world.
>>>
>>> So, Over The Fortress brought a generator for eletricity, for light and
>>> materials for wifi. They made a contract with a Greece ISP which
>>> provides
>>> montlhy 500 Gigabit for 200€[3]. It will be active for 4 months and
>>> they
>>> launched a campaign to sustain the project[4]. But in an ultimate
>>> mail that
>>> arrived, they informed us that the volume of data acquired in the first
>>> instance is running out of and need to be increased. Sharing this
>>> campaign
>>> with your social networks could be helpful. It can be a temporary
>>> solution
>>> and at this point, contribute of wireless communities can be very
>>> important.
>>>
>>> The aim of this mail is informing and asking a contribute from
>>> wireless mesh
>>> network communuties about this situation. While we were discussing
>>> with the
>>> Ninux community, they suggested to write to ML Battlemesh, as this
>>> problem
>>> is not temporary and need to be considered in a larger scale.
>>> Idomeni is
>>> just an example and eventhough tomorrow borders had been open, this
>>> fluss of
>>> people would still need many kinds of support and the Internet is an
>>> important one. They also informed me that some communities like
>>> Freifunk,
>>> already had supported refugees in similar situations, so they have
>>> experience, which would be very precious to share with us. In the
>>> specific
>>> of Idomeni, contribute/support of Greece community would be very
>>> essential.
>>>
>>> I've never been in Idomeni(I myself am extra-comunitario in Italy,
>>> for some
>>> reasons i can't go) but to have more technical information from the
>>> camp,
>>> you can contact with Over The Fortress, as i know Disaster Tech
>>> Lab[5] has
>>> been there and tomorrow one of my friends from CMN Pisa will go to
>>> Idomeni
>>> with a group, for a week. In return, he can make a report about the
>>> ultimate
>>> situation. Unfortunately i can't neither participate to Battlemesh to
>>> discuss it face to face. I hope this mail can be a starting point to
>>> discuss
>>> what can communities do about this situation.

> [...]
>>> http://www.meltingpot.org/spip.php?page=lang&lang=en#pagination_elenco_articoli
>>> [1]