[Battlemesh] Flashing Openwrt to Mikrotik Board RB433AH

Matogoro Jabera jaberamatogoro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:43:48 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I have a new board with Mikrotik OS loaded in it and I want to load OpenWRT
for my Wireless Project. In fact, I want to use it for my TV White Space
Project in Tanzania due to its cost-benefit as compared to available TVWS
Radio Devices available in the market.

I am following this step-by-step guidelines (
http://vip.gatech.edu/wiki/images/d/d8/Flashing_Routerboards_with_OpenWRT.pdf)
with some modifications such as the link is pointing to git clone "git://
nbd.name/openwrt.git" which seems NOT accessible in my network. Insteady, I
directed to "git://git.openwrt.org/12.09/openwrt.git"

I am able to make the OpenWRT available temporary to the board and failing
to make it availabel permanently to the board.

I am therefore writing to be directed to the alternative working
step-by-step guideline to be able to accomplish this task. I am using
Ubuntu 14.04 OS.

Regards,
--
MATOGORO Jabhera
Assistant Lecturer & Coordinator - Microsoft Innovation Center, Tanzania