[Battlemesh] the year of mesh

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 02:55:30 CET 2016

Home "mesh" wifi is now being marketed heavily.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/6/13843536/google-wifi-review-mesh-router-system-vs-eero

So far as I know google and eero are 802.11s.

I think it would be good to evaluate the performance of these devices,
test interop, and otherwise see what we can learn (and they can learn)
from these new off the shelf products. To do so efficiently

A) we need to test from/to nodes we understand  (laptops),
B) rely more on over the air captures
C) Add monitoring software to these new routers, & if possible make
them run battlemesh protocols also on their native OS.

It would also be cool to have a speaker(s) and/or sponsor from the
brave new world of off the shelf mesh...

D) I have an issue in the overall age of the hardware being used at battlemesh -
the ath10k with the candelatech firmware can do adhoc, and at way
higher rates than we see on the ath9k. My primary workhorse has become
the ubntlite which can push 400+mbits....

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org