[Battlemesh] ipv6 prefix delegation in layer 3 mesh networks

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Feb 11 15:16:32 CET 2016

> A node that wants to use one or more prefixes gets a list of available
> prefixes and the responsible gateway ips through the routing daemon.

Now a node that has received a prefix delegation is going to assign
prefixes to its connected interfaces, and announce these prefixes over the
routing protocol, right?  How do the other nodes distinguish between
prefixes that are made available for PD, and prefixes that have been
delegated and assigned to individual nodes (that don't run a DHCPv6-PD
server)?

Note that the scheme that you're describing is similar to what I was doing
with AHCP:

  http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/ahcp/

I've decided to deprecate AHCP and work with the Homenet group instead.
While AHCP works fine, it's better to work with the community on a common
set of protocols.

-- Juliusz