[Battlemesh] ipv6 prefix delegation in layer 3 mesh networks

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Feb 11 15:28:18 CET 2016

> Connectivity is the job of the routing protocol.

Not within a single subnet.  If a link has two "internal" HNCP routers, it
will get a single subnet, and non-HNCP hosts on the link will use
link-local communication between them.  OTOH, it should work fine if you
assume "ad-hoc" or "mesh" HNCP routers, and no non-HNCP hosts.  Is that
the kind of deployment you have in mind?

I'd be quite willing to implement that in shncpd, but I'd like to first
have some experimental results of how well normal HNCP behaves in your
mesh networks.

-- Juliusz