[Battlemesh] Chilling effect - Lockdown (FCC/EU)

Bastian Bittorf bittorf at bluebottle.com
Thu Feb 18 10:44:34 CET 2016

* fboehm <fboehm at aon.at> [18.02.2016 10:35]:

[please dont toppost franz!]

> What about manufacturers like www.8devices.com? They are working on
> 5GHz equipment currently and aren't focused on end-users. Therefore I
> assume no firmware lockdown.

generally speaking we need an OpenHardware design
for indoor 2.4/5GHz and outdoor 2.4 and outdoor 5GHz
with "standard" antenna connectors (RP-SMA/N)

never ever rely on the vendors 8-)

If there exists a design a community can
order/produce e.g. 1000 pieces. I dont have enough
insight if this is really possibly (going to an
assembly line, handout the design and order the routers)

so first there is an design needed and so we need
to crowdfound the developement of the open design
and the approval (FCC and EU).

bye, bastian