[Battlemesh] [bufferbloat-fcc-discuss] Action: fixing *WRT and the FCC

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Feb 18 23:31:09 CET 2016

There was a post on /. today on the topic and in the comments there was a
sub-thread about how wonderful it is to operate on channel 14, just tell your
AP that you are in Japan and set it to 14

people are going to be able to do this sort of thing until and unless the
channel rules are the same everywhere in the world (which is never going to
happen)

There's also the case of Ham operators legitimately using channel -2. you can't
have equipment tell if the person setting it up has a license or not.

You need to solve this by going afte the people breaking the rules, not by
trying to make it impossible to break the rules.

David Lang