[Battlemesh] Missing reservation-OK and payment instructions

panayotis antoniadis panayotis at nethood.org
Mon Feb 29 19:00:22 CET 2016

Hi!

Just to add from my side, that my main interest is on local applications
for wireless community networks, both small and largem focusing
more on the "access" than the "backbone" part of the network.

I have been thinking about such applications for the last 8 years, on
the side of other activities. This is an old paper that brought me in
contact with Jonathan Baldwin in the early days of the RedHook WiFi
initiative:
http://nethood.org/publications/antoniadis_et_al_community_building_CWNs.pdf
and this is more recent work in an "interdisciplinary" context:
http://nethood.org/publications/antoniadis_apostol_rights_to_the_hybrid_city_public_version.pdf

A few months ago I co-founded http://nethood.org as a non-profit
organization
in Zurich, through which I will be trying the next 3 years to move from
theory
to practice, with the help of James and other experts from different
relevant
perspectives (design, law, politics, and more)

In short, if you think that local applications could be an interesting
topic
for a "plenary" discussion, I think that my contribution will be useful and
perhaps could be "merged" with James'. Otherwise, I could try a
"lightening"
talk :-)

And some more links on projects/events I have been involved lately:
http://netcommons.eu
http://mazizone.eu
http://www.sarantaporo.gr/node/377
https://2016.transmediale.de/content/off-the-cloud-zone