[Battlemesh] new tunneling vpn: wireguard

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Wed Jun 29 14:49:01 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 01:29:06PM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> I know people are using tunneldigger a lot, which bothers me....
>
> has anyone played with:
>
> https://www.wireguard.io/

Yes, it's great :)

I plan to release an OpenWRT package pretty soon [1].

In my initial tests a few months ago, performance on small ar71xx routers
was not so great, but still better than any comparable userspace VPN with
encryption + integrity.  Basically around 20 to 30 Mbit/s on a TL-WR841N.
Performance may have improved since then, I will fire up my testbed again
in a few weeks.

Baptiste

[1] https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2016-June/000010.html