[Battlemesh] modifying linux wifi kernel-modules for ham-radio use

Kristoff kristoff at skypro.be
Fri Mar 4 19:32:24 CET 2016

Hi Leonardo,

On 04-03-16 13:22, Leonardo Taborda wrote:

> Did you check this?
>http://www.broadband-hamnet.org/

That forum is mostly about using ready-to-use devices. Not that interesting.

I am more intrested in really understanding how something really works
and hacking a linux-kernel has already taught me a lot on how wifi
really works.

  I use the mt7610u in combination with AC600 wifidongles (like these;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Mini-USB-wi-fi-wi-fi-Wifi-433Mbps-5Ghz-Wireless-Adapter-AC600-Dual-Band-Network/32595738534.html
but the kernel is quite complex (and probaby overkill for a ham-radio
mesh network).

So if somebody has already done the same exercise and used a USB-based
wifi dongle for mesh-networking on 5 Ghz, I would really be interested.

BTW.
Does anybody know of not to expensive 5 Ghz wifi-dongles that have a
SMA-connector or some other way to connect an external antenna?

Kristoff