[Battlemesh] Chilling effect - Lockdown (FCC/EU)

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Mon Mar 14 14:01:39 CET 2016

Am 14.03.2016 um 13:38 schrieb Valent Turkovic:
> What is the price for FCC certification? I heard that it is around
> 3000$, it that is true than that is not a too big hurdle to just take
> one device and push it trough certification process with OpenWrt
> firmware and see what happens.

The $3000 is very likely only for the FCC paperwork.

Before you do the real FCC part you typically do pre-certification
tests. If you can't do it in-house you hire a third-party.

What you file to the FCC is anyway just documents from an approved FCC
test lab. It's a private company that you pay for their service.

My gut feeling says it's a 5-digit cost number altogether.

Franz