[Battlemesh] What hardware still works?

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Thu Mar 17 08:16:43 CET 2016

Am 17.03.2016 um 00:03 schrieb David Lang:
> Increasing power helps if you live out on a farm with nothing near you.
> If you are in suburbia, you are just shouting louder, which helps in the
> short term as you out-shout people near you, but in the long term, they
> just start shouting louder as well and soon everyone is deaf. Turning
> power down and deploying more APs avoids this spiral.

Yes, but I mentioned the quality of the receive path. Devices with
higher TX power typically also have better low-noise amplifiers in their
receive path. Because TX power-amplifier and RX low-noise amplifier is a
single module on the PCB.

Furthermore a better power-amplifier is also capable of producing a
cleaner (not stronger!) TX signal compared to a low-end power-amplifier.

Finally all this has an effect on throughput and range. Without
increasing the TX power at all.

Franz