[Battlemesh] Host Identity Protocol, any experience?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Mon Nov 28 23:30:58 CET 2016

Dear Tom,

many thanks for your contribution. But in general, we should look to
that, what we need, and not to Cisco, what they think, what we need.

But this is not only valid for Cisco. Also in the IETF, if they are not
working in/for Cisco, they act for that or similar.

The basis is not a transport problem. Normally it would be easy to
continue our packet-transfer from different points. The problem is the
TCP/UDP session. This is a relict from the time, that the transport of
digital data was organised with analog systems. And with the
elctro-mechanical relais it is impossible to organise the error-checking
on the path.

Therefore, the core, or base, of MIP or HIP are the continuation of this
sessions from different points. And nothing else. Independent, what we
find in all this declarations and statements.

And in the next future? The cars are the AP. The bus are the AP. In the
train and airplanes we have it.

But this means, that this most mobile "mobile devices" never change
their IP identity. Only the routing path to the AP change.

For me, all this are huge mist clouds to distract from the real
questions. For what we need TCP/UDP in a time, where all packet
transports are digital and it is easy to check the validity?

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay