[Battlemesh] Info on Airtime Fairness Off/On Testing

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Fri Jun 9 15:12:26 CEST 2017

Paul Fuxjaeger <paul.fuxjaeger at gmx.at> writes:

>> I just did re-run my basic validation test on my testbed but using
>> IBSS mode instead of AP mode. Attaching the airtime plot of the
>> three stations; the purple one at the top is running at a lower rate
>> than the others (36 Mbps instead of 54 Mbps), but as you can see they
>> share airtime nicely :)
>
> I want to understand how the airtime distribution changes across the
> mesh when turning this OFF/ON.
>
> Which plots should we aim for?

Well, you would basically need to either capture the airtime usage
numbers on all the nodes and sum them to get the aggregate across the
network. You could capture that with Flent from all the routers, but I'm
not sure that's practical...

I think it may be easier to get the numbers from aircaps. This tool will
do that: https://github.com/cloudtrax/airtime-pie-chart -- talk to Simon
(I believe he's at Battlemesh) for details. You'd need your capture
nodes setup somewhere they can hear enough of the traffic go by to get
meaningful results, of course.

-Toke