[Battlemesh] Report on the testbed results

Leonardo Maccari mail at leonardo.ma
Wed Jun 14 15:46:47 CEST 2017

On 14/06/17 13:45, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> https://github.com/battlemesh/battlemeshv10-testbed/blob/master/scripts/babel
> Cool, thanks.  So Babel was run with the default 4s Hello interval and the
> default 20s update interval, which is much higher than the other
> protocols.  This might or might not explain the packet loss and the spikes
> in latency, I'm not sure.
>
> If you've got some time, I'd really like to see the time distribution of
> the packet loss and the CDF graph of the latency.

Hi Juliusz,

You can find all the data for the ping test here:

https://github.com/battlemesh/battlemeshv10-testbed/tree/master/tests/failure_recovery/delay-one-run/BABEL

each file is one flow, in each file you have an "entries" field with all
the rtt.

we used this script to parse them, which you can modify to extract cdf
(and the parse_all_pings.sh in the same folder to run them all):

https://github.com/battlemesh/battlemeshv10-testbed/blob/master/tests/failure_recovery/parser_scripts/parse_ping.py

if you are wondering why the tests are in the failure_recovery folder,
this  is because my idea was to do the tests and then let some node in
between fail, but we never got to that point :-)

l.