[Battlemesh] Routing Tables of Death

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:13:51 CET 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Simon Wunderlich <sw at simonwunderlich.de> wrote:
> It's not exactly stress testing and doesn't apply for the routing protocols
> you mentioned, but maybe you will find the joker interesting:
>
> https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/wiki/Joker

Thank you, that is indeed interesting. I have been looking over a
fuzzer loosely based on this:

https://www.fastly.com/blog/how-fuzz-server-american-fuzzy-lop

> I'm sure that some of those ideas can be adopted for other protocols as well.

Yes, looks promising, thx!

One item that I would like to see move to use everywhere is filtering
out netlink messages to self (stuff sent from my pid) via bpf.

(And maybe use bpf on other sorts of messages).

This is applicable to everything persistently using netlink, and I'm
not sure to what extent it is in userspace daemons like odhcpd,
dnsmasq, bmx, olsr, etc, etc.

Example from my rabeld repo:

https://github.com/dtaht/rabeld/commit/a163eed7a2af0c55d700e8042341aeb011fb13de

--