[Battlemesh] V10 call for volunteers

Albert Rafetseder albert.rafetseder+v10 at univie.ac.at
Wed Mar 15 08:38:17 CET 2017

Dear battlemeshers,

V10, the next installment of Battlemesh, is coming up Real Soon Now,
June 5-11, 2017 (hope you are registered [0] already!). We would like to
continue with Battlemesh's long-lasting tradition and ask you, fellow
meshers, to volunteer and support the organizers by taking over some of
the open tasks for the event.

You have great freedom in the actual implementation, just let everyone
know what task you want to work on, and send an update to the mailing
list every so often.

In no particular order, we would appreciate your volunteering for:

### Help spreading the word even further

Contact any groups you know, any mailing lists you are on, etc. and tell
them about Battlemesh V10 [1]. In case it isn't obvious: Anyone can do
this for their own circle of acquaintances!

### Endorsements

Send polite emails to the endorsers of previous Battlemesh events [2].
Ask them to use the endorsement template [3] to tell the world they
support Battlemesh V10.

### Organize an agenda

Thanks to Clemens and the kind folks at Chaos Computer Club Wien [4], we
have a web-based talks submission and scheduling system [5,6] for this
year's event. Invite people to give talks, adapt the Call for Talks wiki
page [7] as you see fit, and put together an enticing schedule for those
7 days in Vienna. (We can also do a round of reviews before settling on
a selection of talks.)

### Press communication

There is an online magazine, newspaper, Twitter bot, or Instragrametist
that should know about and cover Battlemesh? Thanks for contacting them
and linking them to our wiki!

### Bringing and/or donating hardware

Secure hardware donations, bring your own hardware, ask around and see
if you can organize any. Please add your hardware to the wiki too [8].

That's a bunch of things already! Please let this list know if you want
to volunteer for tasks.

Thanks,
  Albert (for the local org team).

[0] http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV10/Participants