[Battlemesh] Help us map the legal obligations of EU Community Networks

Félix Tréguer ft at laquadrature.net
Tue Sep 19 10:00:02 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I take the liberty of reaching out to you through this
mailing list since we have here a group of people interested in the
legal and policy aspects of community networks, and a fair amount of CN
practitioners among them.

If you are involved in a European CN and follow a little bit the
legalese that tend to come with it, we invite you to participate in
our Survey on the legal obligations of Community Networks which is part
of the research of the netCommons project.

https://d52netcommons.limequery.com/845151

As you might remember, netCommons (http://netcommons.eu/) is a research
project supported by the European Commission (2016-2018), which proposes
a trans-disciplinary methodology to study and support the development of
local network internet infrastructures as commons, for resiliency,
sustainability, democracy, privacy, self-determination, and social
integration.

The goal of this online survey is to assess how the European legal
framework is actually applied by CNs. The results of this survey will
serve as a basis for creating /Guidelines for Community Networks to deal
with legal issues./

As the survey concerns legal obligations, we would be very glad if the
person(s) dealing with legal issues in your CN could answer the questions.

*Participation is anonymous*. You will not be asked your personal
information. We will only use your answers.

If you are willing to accept our invitation, you can take part in the
survey via an online platform:
https://d52netcommons.limequery.com/845151
The survey, which should take between 20 and 30 minutes, will be open
_until September 30_.

Your help will be crucial in helping us put forward clear legal
guidelines of European CNs.

Thank you very much for your participation!
Mélanie Dulong de Rosnay, Federica Giovanella - University of Trento &
Félix Tréguer – CNRS