[Battlemesh] GSoC 2018 - we are in!

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:21:08 CET 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Andreas Bräu <ab at andi95.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we've been accepted again for Google Summer of Code 2018. To see our
> ideas and possible projects, please visit
> https://projects.freifunk.net/#/projects
>
> What is Google Summer of Code?
>
> "Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on bringing more
> student developers into open source software development. Students work
> with an open source organization on a 3 month programming project during
> their break from school."
>
> If you're student and interested this program, please get in touch with
> us or our mentors.
>
> See also: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organ…/4687947786354688/
>
> BTW: It's still possible to submit your own ideas! To do so, please
> submit a pull request at
> https://github.com/freifunk/projects.freifunk.net-contents

Till when is it possible?

I would like to follow up on the multipathtcp project by writing a
replacement for shadowsocks, as this one is doing a lot of context
switching. When we presented the project at the OpenWrt summit in
Prague, someone said they had to rewrite a socks proxy in kernel space
to avoid that problem.

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion (zoobab)