[Battlemesh] legal wifi channels for mesh

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:58:03 CET 2018

> On 14 Feb, 2018, at 5:34 pm, guifipedro <guifipedro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Right now I only have rumours and I would like to know if someone has
> good references (links to text or graphics) that shows what are the
> available channels for use in mesh for 2.4 and 5 GHz in case of using
> openwrt or lede (concerning DFS [1] restrictions). Is the same for all
> european countries?

The most reliable information is probably from the regulatory database, here:

	https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sforshee/wireless-regdb.git/tree/db.txt

The first entry in that file is the "world" region, which lists some channels which should always be available.

It's probably worth contrasting three EU countries' entries, FI, FR and GB:

country FI: DFS-ETSI
	(2400 - 2483.5 @ 40), (20)
	(5150 - 5250 @ 80), (23), NO-OUTDOOR, AUTO-BW
	(5250 - 5350 @ 80), (20), NO-OUTDOOR, DFS, AUTO-BW
	(5470 - 5725 @ 160), (27), DFS
	# 60 GHz band channels 1-4, ref: Etsi En 302 567
	(57000 - 66000 @ 2160), (40)

country FR: DFS-ETSI
	(2402 - 2482 @ 40), (20)
	(5170 - 5250 @ 80), (20), AUTO-BW
	(5250 - 5330 @ 80), (20), DFS, AUTO-BW
	(5490 - 5710 @ 160), (27), DFS
	# 60 GHz band channels 1-4, ref: Etsi En 302 567
	(57000 - 66000 @ 2160), (40)

country GB: DFS-ETSI
	(2402 - 2482 @ 40), (20)
	(5170 - 5250 @ 80), (20), AUTO-BW
	(5250 - 5330 @ 80), (20), DFS, AUTO-BW
	(5490 - 5710 @ 160), (27), DFS
	# 60 GHz band channels 1-4, ref: Etsi En 302 567
	(57000 - 66000 @ 2160), (40)

HTH,

 - Jonathan Morton