[ham-ninux] WebSDR

Clauz clauz at ninux.org
Sat Jan 3 11:58:03 CET 2015

http://websdr.org/

A WebSDR is a Software-Defined Radio receiver connected to the internet,
allowing many listeners to listen and tune it simultaneously. SDR
technology makes it possible that all listeners tune independently, and
thus listen to different signals; this is in contrast to the many
classical receivers that are already available via the internet.

Q: Where can I download the server software?
A: Nowhere. However, I distribute it (without cost) via e-mail to people
who are setting up a publicly accessible server (i.e., listed on
websdr.org), and who have everything needed to set it up: a
soundcard-based SDR, a computer running Linux, and a fast internet
uplink. If you have all of these and are seriously interested in setting
up a server, email me with some details about your plans and equipment:
what kind of SDR hardware, what kind of internet connection and
computer, what frequency band(s), and what does that add to the current
offering on websdr.org (see the next question) ?

Chissa' perche' la maggior parte dei radioamatori ha questo brutto
rapporto con il software...

Clauz