[Ninux-day] video

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Thu Nov 26 12:30:17 CET 2009

Hi!

> of course is impossibile to record ALL the event. On saturday there
> will be a Web TV (Meddle TV http://www.meddle.tv/) that will come to
> Ninux Day to film and make interviews to produce a short documentary.

I have been hacking this night and have made my Android phone into a
mobile microphone (it even looks like it when you attach it to your
shirt and put it into your pocket).

We are setting up live streaming for at least my talk:

http://stream.wlan-lj.net/

It has been not tested yet. It is in early stages.

If it turns out well we could make speakers wear my mobile phone (we
will see what happens when my mom calls in the middle of the talk :-) )
and stream and record them. So we will have talks at least in audio.
Useful for podcasts and similar.

What do you think?

Probably only the battery is a problem if we would like to record all
talks. In this case we could hook up my mobile phone to an USB cable so
that it would charge while beeing in a pocket of speaker. So if you are
for the idea, could you organize enough long USB cable (will be used
just for electricity, stream will go over WiFi (if it will not be too
crowded :-) )) for a speaker to be able to move around freely?

Of course we could just use a long microphone audio cable to a nearby
laptop but this would be just too simple, wouldn't be. :-)

Mitar